A bit about me...
I am a passionate User Experience Architect, Organizational Change Catalyst and Human-Centered Designer with over 20 years’ experience in researching, designing, building and implementing Human-Centered systems around the globe.
With a deep background in Design Thinking and several certifications in User Experience Architecture, Business Analysis and Marketing, I bring a rare blend of high-level strategy, user-centered design, artistic ability and technical expertise. I take insights and turn them into exceptional experiences for all kinds of client projects.
I immersed myself into system design and development in 1996 and have since helped to design several global online businesses, SaaS applications, large enterprise-wide business processes. I’ve built branding and marketing software solutions for major corporations, small businesses, and nonprofit organizations.
Areas of Expertise...
My portfolio is diverse, both stylistically and organizationally and includes many years of experience in:
We answer these questions:
- What do people need to be able to do? Why does it matter?
- What do they want and how is that related to their other goals?
- What are their current pain points?
- How does using this solution fit with others they may be using?
- What do they expect?
Using these tools:
- User Experience Research
- Design Sprints
- Personas and Journey Maps
- User Story and Product Backlog curation
- Mock-up/prototype creation
- Resonance and Usability Testing including A/B testing
A delightful solution requires the discovery of a great problem. The key to successful solution design is finding the right business problems.
What matters? Where can we have the biggest impact? How can we address these issues? Do we have the right amount of time, money, and people?
We answer these questions and more by:
- Conducting Design Thinking Sessions and stakeholder interviews
- Gathering and validating the business stories with internal team mambers
- Visualizing the needs, wants and desires of the business through storyboards and prototypes
- Validating these concepts through resonance, feature and usability testing - in the lab and out in the wild
Service design improves the experiences of the customer (external) and employee (internal) by designing, aligning, and optimizing an organization’s operations to better support customer journeys.
- What does this service do for our current and future customers?
- Which capabilities are needed by the organization to respond to or drive the initiative?
The 3 components of Service Design include:
- People: those who create or use the service.
- Props: the physical or digital artifacts needed to perform the service successfully.
- Physical products or processes: workflows or procedures performed by people throughout a service.
I love to talk about user experience and service design. Please reach out if you're interested in booking a 20 minute, 40 minute or 75 minute speaking engagement...